Monday, September 28, 2009

The Glass Bead Game

Last Friday at Beads and Beyond in Bellevue, my students outdid themselves with their bead selections and color combinations as they learned how to knot the Glass Bead bracelet from my book.














I'll be doing a demonstration of the micro-macrame Baroque Bracelet at Red Garnet Beads in Montlake Terrace on October 4th and then teaching two classes on same bracelet on October 10th and 11th. And possibly October 25th...I have to check with Jenene at Red Garnet about that schedule as my mind is still befuddled and wonky due to the flurry of events and things I've been up to these past few weeks.


In mid-September I demo'd micro-macrame knotting at the Northwest Bead Society's Annual Bead Bazaar and sold lots and lots of owl kits and books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Annika,
    Congratulations on publishing your book and teaching so many classes. I am very happy to see that micro-macrame and macrame in general is getting more popular again. Are you in Washington state? I live in Indiana, and here the people are still very cautious about trying micro-macrame. I am teaching a couple of classes at Bead Angels (beadangelsindy.com). I tried submitting my work to Bead and Button, but they've turned me down twice, so I am wondering if there is any craft magazine that would publish micro-macrame?
    Tatyana (tfedorik@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete